Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DNC: we don’t want to recruit any cis gendered white males
(10-31-2017, 09:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course you are viewing it clearly. All she said is white males are in the majority. That's all she said whether you acknowledge it or not. 

That was all she may have typed in the email, but that was not the entirety of the communication. How you infer the message is as much as part of the communication as her implication. When a message is sent, the receiver is going to decode the message and infer the message. You are inferring something different than I am and Dino is based upon biases that you have regarding this topic. I infer it based upon my biases. Neither of us knows the composition of the department prior to this hiring process, so to say with absolute certainty what was implied with her message is our best guess. I'd be willing to wager that my guess that she was saying that cis straight white males make up the majority of the department is accurate, though.

Messages In This Thread
RE: DNC: we don’t want to recruit any cis gendered white males - Belsnickel - 10-31-2017, 10:08 PM