Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pope Francis by Nation Geographic
(08-17-2015, 02:21 PM)xxlt Wrote: But going back to the pope and the abuse thing, celibacy is a problematic issue for the church but lets be clear that is not what drives priests to rape children and vulnerable adults and occasionally take mistresses (or male lovers). All those things could and would happen in the absence of celibacy. The problem is how the church deals with those things when they do happen: they deny it, they threaten the victims, and they shield the abuser. I will say it again, if you are interested in religion and/or child welfare pick up Whistle.

Sorry I wasn't trying to brush you off when responding to your post the other day.  I was in a rush to get to work.  But I absolutely agree that the Catholic church has a problem in how they handle sexual misconduct in their organization.  It's one area that I really hope change is on the horizon for them.

Edit: I tried your link, and didn't have any luck, not sure what the problem is. I'm going to call Barnes & Noble and check 1/2 Price Books.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pope Francis by Nation Geographic - RICHMONDBENGAL_07 - 08-18-2015, 12:58 PM