Poll: Does Devon Still Make the Team this year?
Yes! Makes the 53 man roster
No he doesn't make it all
Yes he makes the practice squad if eligible.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devon Still Makes the team? I don't see it.
(08-18-2015, 12:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The coaches will keep the best players.

And they are not loyal to a fault.  Just ask Willie Anderson, Rudi Johnson, Deltha O'Neal, Ochocinco, Kyle Cook and many others who were shown the door.

Save Cook (injuries/increasingly ineffective and overpaid, though he hasn't found work since), those players were on the tail ends of their careers or damn near geriatric and it was little surprise when all of them left. Ask Leon Hall and Peko for current examples (not insinuating they should be cut), and even Dalton to an extent (for awhile he was immune to all criticism, it was always everyone else who had to "do better": the defense's fault for not being able to stop them every time after constant 3 and outs, or A.J. Green's fault for dropping a couple balls). 

If you're trying to prove the Bengals aren't loyal to a fault, those guys won't cut the mustard. It's like the people who argue we should never sign any impact F.A. because overpaying mediocre players like Antonio Bryant, Antwan Odom, and Laveranues Coles 5-7 years ago didn't pan out.
The artist formerly known as Heretic
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devon Still Makes the team? I don't see it. - GarbageDisposal - 08-18-2015, 01:13 PM
RE: Devon Still Makes the team? I don't see it. - #1 Bengal Fan in KS - 08-18-2015, 03:24 PM