Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Green likely suspended...time to play Ross
For this regime, it's always been about practice. You have to show up and show out at practice (for weeks/months) before you get an opportunity to see quality snaps in a real game. These coaches don't trust newcomers (especially rookies) until they've seen them practice awhile. And from what Marvin has said, Ross is behind because he hasn't been able to practice enough.

What confuses me though is I've watched many drills in training camp where Ross was running right along with every other WR (and looking better than anyone not named AJ). I know he didn't participate in the contact drills during that time, but you'd think he would have grasped the playbook by now since he has been on the practice field in some capacity since training camp. What exactly was he not able to get from non-contract drills that he still needs to get? Or what's so complex about the Bengals scheme that it takes newcomers 2+ months to learn?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: With Green likely suspended...time to play Ross - ochocincos - 11-06-2017, 05:06 PM