Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can you justify NOT starting AJ McCarron the rest of the season?
I can justify not playing McCarron easily.

The season is done, even if they made the playoffs (black magic) does anyone honestly believe they'd do anything with the OL like it is? I doubt it.

Meanwhile AJM has his grievance still pending, if he goes out and plays well (not lights out, just well) and wins his grievance then he's a UFA who's price-tag just skyrocketed as a result of his play the previous year. At the same time you've destroyed any confidence Dalton has, or the team has in him, and after losing AJM to FA (because we would) you're then stuck with a disgraced QB and only a comp pick the following season to show for it.

What I've seen from McCarron thus far doesn't lead me to believe he's a world beater at QB. He could be good, but it's unlikely he'd be great. We've already got a good but not great QB. Changing one for the other won't solve what ails this offense.

Just ride this shit-show of a season out. Making the playoffs with no hope of winning when we get there does nothing but push the draft picks further down the board. And this team needs as many good draft picks as it can get its hands on right now.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How can you justify NOT starting AJ McCarron the rest of the season? - Ravage - 11-07-2017, 05:22 PM