Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Coughlin has came out swinging against AJ
(11-07-2017, 05:32 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Coughlin's statement seems more about defending his own player, rather than going after AJ.

"I want to voice my support for Jalen Ramsey following the incident in our game on Sunday," Coughlin said in a statement. "Our players are instructed to not retaliate or get involved or do anything that would result in eviction because that would hurt the team. Team comes first, and Jalen was trying to not hurt his team. While he did push his opponent — something that happened with other players during the game — he did not retaliate, he threw no punches, and he did not fight back.

"Jalen was doing what Coach (Doug) Marrone has instructed him to do — which is to play tough, be physical and to make every play difficult for his opponent. There was banter going back and forth during the game, but Jalen was playing football within the rules."

Having said that, I'll still take AJ's word about Ramsey's cheap shots.

Interesting.  Why did 3-6 Jags players come flying in and drill AJ in the back when he was on top of your boy, Tom?  Those actions, by definition, are getting involved and retaliating.  I guess many of the team didn't get the message.  Additionally, Jalen was flagged for his actions as well, thus he was not playing football within the rules.  What's your next lie, Tom?  Guys showing up to a 9:00 meeting at 9:00 are late?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coughlin has came out swining against AJ - jfkbengals - 11-07-2017, 09:41 PM