Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EU army to be formed, in Show of Post Brexit unity
(11-13-2017, 01:27 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I usually ignore links Lucie posts, deciding instead to search for a source that is less editorialized than I assume has been provided. Interesting that this source lays some of the blame, for lack of a better word, as the feet of Trump.

Trump sure was a wake up call for Europe. Relying on the US is no longer a long-term solution, and it shouldn't be. (I know that the article's "blame" focusses on a different aspect, but this is the initial "blame" as I see it.)

About Mr. Lucie, I have no idea what this is all about. If Germany does nothing to ramp up its own defense, Trump hands out bills with interest to Merkel. If Germany sets steps as demanded to be more independent of US defense spending, people like Mr. Lucie cry foul and promote allying with Putin's Russia to oppose a democratic country. Doesn't make too much sense, it's either this or that (and preferring Putin over European demoocracies doesn't make much sense in the first place).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: EU army to be formed, in Show of Post Brexit unity - hollodero - 11-13-2017, 01:37 PM