Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Shouldn't Marvin have used his timeouts...
(11-14-2017, 12:00 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: False. The other team wasn't worried about time. They had a full minute to score when they were on our ten yard line and they had timeouts left. Time wasn't an issue for them. At that point, time was at a premium for us. Everyone knew they were going to at least tie the game if not take the lead there. 

In this instance, I think bfine is right. When you have the lead, time is your ally. Now, if you have no faith in your defense and/or you're confident in your offense, you can try to let them score (a la Holmgreen in the Super Bowl) to make sure you have enough to time to score the go ahead points. However, since a FG from them would have only tied the game, I think Merv was right in conserving those timeouts and making the Titans have to worry about the clock.

If he knew they were going to score a TD, well, sure, call a timeout or two to give yourself more time, but I think he thought the defense would at least hold them to a FG and we'd go to overtime (remember Merv never goes for the win in regulation if OT is assured).
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shouldn't Marvin have used his timeouts... - PhilHos - 11-14-2017, 12:46 PM