Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Shouldn't Marvin have used his timeouts...
(11-14-2017, 01:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You do not play assuming the other team will score. You play assuming your team will make a stop. Us using TOs gives them extra times/plays to punch it into the End Zone. 

If Marvin would have used his TOs he would have been playing "not to lose". Seems a lot of folks hate that approach. Marvin was playing to win and relying on his D to seal the deal. 

What could we possibly question next? We scored too soon on the AJ long pass. We should have drove it down the field using ball control and forcing Tenn to burn their timeouts. Stupid Marvin and his game management. 

It's called covering your ass.  I'd be willing to bet Belichick would have called timeouts.  It doesn't matter if you think you will hold them or not.  It's about taking everything into account.  If the do kick a FG, then you have time to go kick one of your own. 

On defense, all you can do is stand there and watch the clock tick away.  On offense, you have more than one way to stop the clock.  This seems really elementary to me.  I'd call it good management.  We would have had over a minute.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shouldn't Marvin have used his timeouts... - McC - 11-14-2017, 07:09 PM