Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Shouldn't Marvin have used his timeouts...
(11-14-2017, 08:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll take that bet. Do you want to tell me what happened at the end of SB XLIX? 

Was he sitting on two timeouts when Seattle ended that drive?  And was there a minute and a half left?

Alright, even if the situation was the same, which I don't think it was, even if I'm wrong about Bill, Sunday, the Titans were never going to run out of time.  They had timeouts of their own.  And they were first and goal.  They were gonna score, be it three or seven.  That much was a virtual guarantee.  

When you do get the ball back, what you need most is time, whether you need a FG to tie or a TD to win.  You can get around not having timeouts when you have the ball.  They could have had at least another forty seconds and that is an eternity.

It's not playing not to win or playing to lose or whatever you want to call it.  It's using your head, planning ahead, which is what good management does.  Personally, I don't believe in the oh, damn, wish I'd thought of that method.  I prefer the got that covered method, which is what I'm talking about. 

Maybe it's been so long since we had an aggressive coach, people have forgotten what one looks like.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shouldn't Marvin have used his timeouts... - McC - 11-14-2017, 10:07 PM