Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back to the norm - Michael Johnson
(11-15-2017, 01:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Well to follow your logic, you're wanting the following positions addressed in the first three rounds...
OT
G
C
S
TE
DT

That's too many positions to fill with even the first four rounds let alone first three rounds. You're going to have to take some positions on Day 3 and/or address in FA.

If you cut MJ and Jones, you don't have to replace them with picks in the first four rounds and you also save $11 mill of cap space that can be used toward a FA or two. Cut LaFell and that's another $4 mill saved.
For Jones, you have two CBs (more than) capable of filling his shoes in Dennard and WJ3. Jones not needed.
For MJ, you drafted two pass rushers last year who should already be playing more on the outside and if you draft a pass rushing DT early you fill the other role he was playing this year. Therefore, you no longer need MJ.
WR probably has the most uncertainty of those three positions with aging, underperforming vets and lack of confidence in their backups at this point. However, the Bengals also addressed WR twice last year to eventually replace LaFell.

Unless Eifert would sign for $4 mill or less and I was confident he could contribute for 12+ games a year, I'm not re-signing him. Too much risk involved with his health.

Would a 5th or 6th round defensive end be better than Johnson? Will there even be one available.

My point is you don't cut these guys until you see what you have at depth in training camp. Sure as hell not before the draft....Can't jump the gun.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Back to the norm - Michael Johnson - Synric - 11-15-2017, 01:14 PM