Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Shouldn't Marvin have used his timeouts...
(11-15-2017, 05:45 PM)McC Wrote: When I was watching, I was thinking one here, then later the other one here.  But I can't recall exactly when.  Down in the red zone, maybe inside the ten.  Somewhere in there.  If I saw the last drive again, I think I could pin point it.  There were a couple times when they were milking the clock.

I look at it as, there was no way it would hurt you and might just save you.  They were never gonna run out of time.  Hell, they left thirty some seconds on the clock anyway.  Add forty some seconds to that, now you're over a minute and you have a legit chance to mount a drive and the defense probably can't just play twenty yards off the LOS.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=400951656

They call a TO with 1:55 remaining and at our 25. Next play they pass for 8 yards making it 2nd and 2 to go. They milk 21 seconds off the clock before taking another TO with 50 seconds left in the game. Best time to take a TO would of been after that 1st down pass, but they just got out of a TO and all the pressure was on them. Plus, I don’t like the idea of not having them locked into a pass or run situation with that down and distance, TO remaining and situation of the game
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shouldn't Marvin have used his timeouts... - Hoofhearted - 11-15-2017, 06:37 PM