Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump admin to reverse ban on elephant trophies from Africa
(11-16-2017, 11:48 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Let's assume thes hunts do help the environment.

This change doesn't permit the hunters to kill the elephants for the benefit of the environment.  It allows the hunters to bring back the ivory to decorate their man cave.

You got that all wrong. The elephant's head isn't for bragging, it's for setting a good example. Look, my friends visiting my man cave, I hereby raise awareness to the whole elepant problem. They're endangered and you guys do too little about that, you wouldn't have noticed without my elephant's head, right? Also, local communities now are really forced to take action to preserve the elephants I didn't get.

And it helps their conservation in other way. Picture elephants as deer. If we don't shoot them, there would be too many, they'd destroy their own ecosystem and then they would have to throw themselves over a cliff. And who could want so much suffering. Or even worse, they could become a full-blown elephant plague. Elephants in the cities, elephants blocking the fast lane, elephants all over Africa, and then the migration pressure towards Europe. Also here. You order bananas, and what do you find in one of the boxes, hiding in the corner? Right. They would spread everywhere, soon in every china shop there'd be an elephant. Whenever you talk to someone, there would always be this elephant in the room. Soon they'd be in city councils and gain political weight, and just when we got used to the pigs. And that all was avoided by me, the war hero who faught this danger abroad before they follow us home.

Elephant trophies are important and good for everyone including elephants. Seeing it differently is short-sighted and ignorant.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump admin to reverse ban on elephant trophies from Africa - hollodero - 11-17-2017, 07:28 PM