Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Child sex slave in Nashville prison for killing man who used her
(11-22-2017, 05:58 PM)Dill Wrote: I agree with you on much of this, Bfine. 

If this girl were brought at gunpoint to the "sharpshooter's" house and then he forced her at gunpoint to have sex, but she got the gun away and shot him, then she would be the total victim. Descriptions like Rihana's--"she was purchased by a child predator and brought to his house"--suggests something like that went down with no complicating factors.  Not at all like a kid robbing a store.

But if the description we and the court have is valid, a description in part based upon the girl's own testimony, then we have a lot of complicating factors. It looks like she was soliciting, and then killed the guy who took her home in order to rob him.

The fact the guy was a child predator is beside the point for Brown's trial, in part because he is dead and in part because it does not look like he kidnapped her and forced her to his home at gunpoint. From what I have read, I see no convincing argument for self defense. "Showing off guns" doesn't sound threatening, especially in Tennessee, and especially if a couple looked good enough to add to your own collection after you killed the owner. Rather, this looks like predatory behavior on the girl's part.  I am suspicious of her defense because she knew her only chance of beating a murder rap was to plead self defense. He had to be "going for a gun" when she shot him in the back of the head lying face down on the bed.  The jury did not buy it.

But I don't assume that she was "voluntarily" with a pimp in any meaningful sense.  First she was a minor and a runaway; second the only guidance she has had in her life appears to have been bad guidance from bad people. Third, she was suffering from fetal alcohol syndrome disorder and the jury was never made aware of this impairment. This background is one massive mitigating factor.

Given this, I don't think she should have been tried as an adult.  That decision on the part of the prosecution improperly framed the case, in my view, leading to the adult sentence with no concern for rehabilitation. Kudos to the film maker for working to change the law.
Well Rhiana was probably duped like a few in this thread while reading articles like linked in the OP.

She was found guilty of murder and it is most likely because she murdered someone. As I have said throughout, while suffering being accused of being "OK" with a child getting raped and the inability to "keep up"; the pimp should have been on trial right beside Ms Brown and it should not have taken long to convict him.

I further agree there should have been grounds of mitigation. I've actually said that is the gist of the OP. 

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Child sex slave in Nashville prison for killing man who used her - bfine32 - 11-22-2017, 08:58 PM