Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am all for resigning Tyler Eiffert
(11-25-2017, 06:58 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Ok let's be real 
1.) Eifert is an elite talent and has produced  at an elite level during his career when he has played.
2.) Tight ends is an injury riddled position so its not liker any other TE your going to sign will not have similar issues.
3.) We have so many issues on the Offensive line that the majority of the money and draft picks will likely spent on that unit. Getting Eifert on a cheap deal could be the best we can realistically do to improve that position next season.
4.) If he doesn't pass the physical then don't sign him but if he does then why the hell not.

I don't think I'd call Eifert elite. He's a Good TE. And at some point all of these injuries are going to impact how good he is when he actually plays.

His best receiving year was 615 yards. Then 445 yards. Then 394 yards. Then 39 yards. Then 37 yards. Those aren't elite numbers.

52 receptions is his career high. Then 39. 29. 4. 3.

It's not like he's a 1000 yard receiving TE.

What's wrong with Kroft? He's probably a better blocker than Eifert and he's been fairly productive and he's under contract. Why not stick with him and let Eifert go?

IF Eifert costed $4 million...I'd rather spend that money on a Center or Guard.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I am all for resigning Tyler Eiffert - THE PISTONS - 11-25-2017, 07:05 PM