Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ McCarron Greeted By Browns Owner and Head Coach Before Game.
(11-27-2017, 09:11 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: My guess is there will be several teams interested in AJ if he's a unrestricted free agent. However I think he's going to end up a restricted free agent, and we'll slap that first round tender on him, which might turn some teams off. I just don't see them going back 4 years and undoing his redshirt rookie season.

The first round tender for McCarron might turn every team off.   You are correct it will turn teams off.   It's also the most expensive tender for Mike Brown to offer.  ....The original 5th round tender is Mike Brown cheap, but it's also stupid with Cleveland owner having a love fest with McCarron before yesterdays game.  We know Cleveland owner was happy over trading a 2nd and 3rd round to Bengals for McCarron but celebrating so much they forgot to get trade to NFL Headquarters before deadline.....So 1st round tender too high, 5th round tender too low....2nd round tender just right, if you go on the 3 Bears Story of looking at it. ...We already know Cleveland will give up a 2nd round for McCarron.....Hey, if we walk away with a 1st round for McCarron 5th round pick, sure, GREAT, but I don't want to see us still sitting with restricted free agent QB after it's over. McCarron doesn't want to be here and has said so, and Bengals have no plans of benching Dalton of Pro Bowls. McCarron doesn't want to spend 5 or 6 years on the bench, and you can't blame him when you look at some of the stiffs at QB this year in the NFL.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AJ McCarron Greated By Browns Owner and Head Coach Before Game. - kevin - 11-27-2017, 09:29 AM