Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ McCarron Greeted By Browns Owner and Head Coach Before Game.
(11-27-2017, 08:31 AM)kevin Wrote: When McCarron becomes a Free Agent in about 10 weeks, he will quickly become a Cleveland Brown.  The deal was done but somebody on Browns didn't turn it into NFL Headquarters by 4 PM deadline.  The very fact that the Browns owner was on the field before the game with AJ McCarron says more than Hue Jackson with him, but they were all with him from The Browns.  So in about 10 weeks or so, if Bengals do this right, McCarron will be on The Browns and Bengals will get a 2nd round draft pick if they are smart enough to use the 2nd round tender on him. It would be stupid to use his original 5th round tender.  I think too greedy to use a first round tender because even Browns may not give up a first round for him.  If Bengals use the second round tender, Bengals get a second round pick and Browns Owner gets McCarron after their trade deadline foul up.  So the trade that didn't happen, happens. OK, no extra third round pick, but getting a second round pick not bad.

I'm glad Bengals won at home.  Now they have to beat Steelers before we can start drinking the possible play-off Kool Aid.   Still, I have to mention the TV announcers talking about how Browns Owner and Coach were on the field with McCarron as if he is already a Cleveland Brown.  Give it about 10 weeks and he will be. The trade will get done in a round about way.  They get McCarron and if we get an extra second round pick I suggest to Mike Brown we are in dire need of offensive line. Please, no more running backs and wide receivers until we get some blockers. Having the worst O Line at tackle, guard, center across the board is just killing us.  Rams in Super Bowl hunt with Whitworth though.  Another Mike Brown Blunder.

I fully expect the Browns to pursue McCarron again this offseason, but IMO they should pursue Cousins instead. They have the cap space to do it and he's better than McCarron.
Then draft Barkley and Sutton in the first round to give Cousins some legit weapons. Use the second and third rounder(s) for defense.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AJ McCarron Greated By Browns Owner and Head Coach Before Game. - ochocincos - 11-27-2017, 10:57 AM