Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ McCarron Greeted By Browns Owner and Head Coach Before Game.
(11-27-2017, 06:46 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: They've ended up ruining the career of pretty much every quarterback that they've ever drafted highly.  I think they go with the proven McCarron and roll with him, especially because I think it would also please their fans.  They'd be pissed if they draft another QB high, ruin him, and set their franchise back however many years.

Hmm, well I do think the Browns will wreck everything with a QB so we agree that.  With that being said, it depends on what you mean about drafting a QB "high."  The way I see it the only QB's they've drafted in the 1st round since reformation are Tim Couch (#1), Brady Quinn, Brandon Weeden, and Johnny Fartball (all #22 overall).  So in the 18 years they've been back they've taken 1 QB who was pretty good at #1 overall and then 3 guys with moderate, to gigantic red flags at #22.  They've also taken 6 QBs in later rounds that all failed to be Tom Brady or Russell Wilson (or Dak Prescott before the past few weeks where he's now apparently a giant fraud in people's eyes).

Meanwhilst, we laugh at them for passing on guys like Wentz (#2), Watson (#12), Mahomes (#10), Pig Ben (#11) and there might be some other "higher than #22" QBs in there.  The Browns haven't taken a high pick QB since Couch, who coincidentally, was the closest thing to a competent QB they've put on the field since the real Browns went to Baltimore.  I might give a pass to Brady Quinn, but trading down and then taking a baseball player who is almost ready for AARP in Weeden, or trading down to take Johnny Fartball don't count as legit tries in my opinion.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AJ McCarron Greeted By Browns Owner and Head Coach Before Game. - Nately120 - 11-28-2017, 01:54 AM