Poll: Using the poll or with comments in Posts, say where you think Mike Brown will be based on how the last 5 games unfold.
Steelers derail us again starting a 2 and 3 finish or worse – Mike Brown commits to finding a New Head Coach
Steelers derail us again starting a 2 and 3 finish or worse – Marvin still convinces Mike to give him a New Contract
finish 3 & 2 - barely miss the Playoffs - Mike sees this as Progress - 8 & 5 since starting 0 & 3 – Marvin gets New Contract
finish 3 & 2 - barely miss the Playoffs - Mike commits to finding a New Head Coach despite progress since 0 & 3 start
finish 4 & 1 or even 3 & 2 making the Playoffs – Marvin gets New Contract for making the Playoffs
finish 4 & 1 or 3 & 2 to make the Playoffs – Lose in 1st round of Playoffs - Mike commits to finding a New Head Coach
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zero Coaches under contract in just a few weeks - How ending impacts Mike Brown Poll
(11-28-2017, 12:51 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Even though I voted, what I think will actually happens is that unless we lose out, Brown will still OFFER Merv a contract. But, I'm convinced that Merv is basically just waiting til the year is over and then's retiring from coaching. I think if we come close to making the playoffs up to and including winning a playoff game will be enough for Brown to offer a contract to Merv and do what he can to convince him to stay for one more contract, but I think Merv's done (that and I'm hoping he's done).

Interesting take.

I see it differently.

Marvin is only 59 years old, probably wants to improve his "Legacy" as a Head Coach by winning a Playoff game at least someday and is likely used to cashing those Bengals paychecks. I don't think that he wants to quit right now but he may.

I do agree that Mike may offer him a Contract since things have gotten better since the 0 and 3 start.

I just think Marvin wants to keep Coaching to improve his so called Legacy.

Only weeks away from finding out how this plays out.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zero Coaches under contract in just a few weeks - How ending impacts Mike Brown Poll - depthchart - 11-28-2017, 01:26 PM