Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Child sex slave in Nashville prison for killing man who used her
(11-28-2017, 01:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well, again, when the discussion moves from the girl's story to "what ifs" about the John it seems to be moving in the wrong direction, to me at least.

It appears to me that people having an earnest discussion on this subject weren't caught up in "what ifs" about the victim (not "the John" btw).

Quote:I'd rather we talk about the girl and the legal system that didn't do her any favors.  She killed a guy.  That's clear.  But her life and her story is still worth more than how it was treated by the courts.

A rather large assumption on your part, to assume that her past and circumstances weren't considered during sentencing.  What exactly are you advocating for that you're not actually saying?  A more lenient sentence, if so how lenient?  Dill seems to think that matter should have stayed in juvenile court, which in CA would mean she would be released at 25 when juvenile jurisdiction expired. Is under nine years an adequate sentence for first degree murder?

I addressed this very point at length in the post above.  You claim to desire a discussion on this girl and her treatment by the criminal justice system.  If so then actually offer up an opinion, what would have been just?  What should have been done that wasn't?  A little substance would help a bit here.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Child sex slave in Nashville prison for killing man who used her - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 11-28-2017, 02:13 PM