Poll: Using the poll or with comments in Posts, say where you think Mike Brown will be based on how the last 5 games unfold.
Steelers derail us again starting a 2 and 3 finish or worse – Mike Brown commits to finding a New Head Coach
Steelers derail us again starting a 2 and 3 finish or worse – Marvin still convinces Mike to give him a New Contract
finish 3 & 2 - barely miss the Playoffs - Mike sees this as Progress - 8 & 5 since starting 0 & 3 – Marvin gets New Contract
finish 3 & 2 - barely miss the Playoffs - Mike commits to finding a New Head Coach despite progress since 0 & 3 start
finish 4 & 1 or even 3 & 2 making the Playoffs – Marvin gets New Contract for making the Playoffs
finish 4 & 1 or 3 & 2 to make the Playoffs – Lose in 1st round of Playoffs - Mike commits to finding a New Head Coach
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zero Coaches under contract in just a few weeks - How ending impacts Mike Brown Poll
(11-28-2017, 05:51 PM)Benton Wrote: I don't see us making the playoffs unless there's a catastrophic injury on the Ravens or Chiefs.

Both those teams have a reasonably easy schedule. For the Ravens, I think us and the Steelers are really all they've got left that might beat them. Browns, Colts and Lions should all be wins for them and they're likely to win one of those two remaining divisional games. The Chiefshave a pretty similar road of mediocre opponents. I guess the Jets might heat up and beat them, but the rest of the teams they play are all pretty crappy. The Jags and Titans both have pretty easy roads, too, and are likely to stay above 10 wins.

Plus the Bills have a manageable road, if they split with the Pats and Dolphins each and win against Indy, they're 9-7. Which is reasonable even though the Pats are the Pats.

The Bengals have Vikings (it'll be fun to watch Zimmer give Marvin a rusty trombone, but that'll be the only part of that game that's enjoyable), the Steelers (who knows), Ravens (unlikely), Lions (who knows) and the Bears (who...knows).

So, I wouldn't put too much faith in the Bengals hitting a hot streak here at the end. We gave up too many early for the opponents we have left.

With that in mind, I think we finish around with 7 or 8 wins depending on how the Lions, Bears and Steelers games fall. And I think Mike extends another 1-year contract to Marvin, Marvin accepts and we go down the same damn road one more time.

But — this isn't all gloom and doom — I think this is the last go round. I think the draft this year will focus on rebuilding players (linemen, maybe even a QB for a couple years down the road) and I think Mike Brown retires at the end of 2018 and takes Marvin's .500ish butt along with him.

I disagree with the bolded, MB would of extended Marv before the season if this was the case.

We move on from Marv after this year as HC. Guenther is the most likely next HC which i am not all that happy with.

Want someone fresh who can pick their own staff. Another retread is what we get most likely though.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zero Coaches under contract in just a few weeks - How ending impacts Mike Brown Poll - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 11-28-2017, 06:45 PM