Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rose, Conyers....the list continues to grow
(11-30-2017, 03:47 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I know that it is a drop in the bucket compared to other uses of taxpayer money that I disagree with, but this sort of thing has always infuriated me. The way lawmakers use these funds is despicable.

Is it though?  If you consider the size and scope of federal government, is it really out-of-line with companies large and small that have to occasionally settle similar suits?

Again, I have no idea of the actual numbers, but I would guess 3 out of 4 wrongful termination suits are BS.  And everyone gets them - again, no idea but if I were to guess I'd peg it @ 15% file suit after being terminated.

The other side of the coin is that some companies probably also abuse "termination for cause" to avoid paying certain benefits.  So some of these cases are probably brought, legitimately, simply as leverage to keep benefits earned and avoid that dreaded "terminated for cause" on your employment history.
--------------------------------------------------------

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rose, Conyers....the list continues to grow - JustWinBaby - 11-30-2017, 04:02 PM