Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Open-Minded Liberals at it again
(11-29-2017, 10:00 PM)jason Wrote: Who is it that needs to be told that it's "ok to be white"? I've personally never been Connecticut, so perhaps there are many people there struggling with their whiteness. Things like this come off sorta provocative to me. It seems to me that these are the sorts of reactions that the speaker in question is looking for. At the same time, I'm not really into people going to an event like this to shout the guy down, and yell "Nazi go home" or whatever.

I used to live in Wilimantic, CT (which is right next door to Storrs (been to Storrs a couple times and it's CLEARLY a college town. If it weren't for UCONN, there would be no Storrs)). The demographics of that part of the state are like 45% white, 45% hispanic and 10% black and other. However, when I went to Storrs, I saw like 95% white people. It was kind of weird, to be honest. So, maybe, being in one of the most liberal state in a time where many liberals push the narrative that all whites are racist and other nonsense like white privilege, the speaker thought that a college that - to my eye the few times I went to Storrs - is mostly white needed to hear that "it's OK to be white". 

Just sayin'.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
Open-Minded Liberals at it again - bfine32 - 02-02-2017, 01:49 AM
RE: Open-Minded Liberals at it again - McC - 02-02-2017, 08:04 PM
RE: Open-Minded Liberals at it again - PhilHos - 11-30-2017, 06:27 PM