Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses
(08-22-2015, 12:43 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: True, but don't liberals want to do the exact same thing? They have a moral code on issues such as abortion, gun rights and gay marriage, and they want to force it down everyone's throats just the same as conservatives want to push their moral standards. It goes both ways. If it didn't, conservatives would run this country. Last I checked, abortion was legal, gay marriage is legal, marijuana is being legalized and guns have more and more restrictions.

Perhaps conservatives aren't aggressive enough?

They do, but not on all those you listed. When the position requires less government intervention, such as in the case of gay marriage and abortion, it is not forcing anyone to accept anything. It is only saying that the government should not be making that call. There is no excuse like that on gun rights. This is why the libertarian stance is pro-choice and pro-SSM (with some saying government out of marriage altogether even though it has been a civil contract more than anything else throughout history).
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses - Belsnickel - 08-22-2015, 08:41 AM