Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump may face a reckoning in case brought by female accuser
(12-09-2017, 12:08 AM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

"more people voted for other people than they did any candidate"

So if we take ALL the votes cast for ALL candidates those votes are more than any ONE candidate got? 

Not quite. It's actually not that complicated. If 48% voted Hillary, 52% voted for someone else than Hillary. Which might very well lead to the conclusion that a majority voted for, ergo wanted someone else than Hillary.
If you define "majority" as "more votes than anyone else", then ok. One might break down it to a definition question. I can just say, in all democracies I know that result would not warrant to call Hillary the winner. In yours, it doesn't mean much. In European ones, there would be a second runoff election.

(12-09-2017, 12:08 AM)GMDino Wrote: Or, as I said, more people chose NOT to vote for a candidate than voted for one?  Either way that's a long way to go to dismiss Trump losing the popular vote.

Maybe it is. I agree with you in principle, but technically no one got the majority of all votes. That Hillary got more votes than Trump is undisputed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump may face a reckoning in case brought by female accuser - hollodero - 12-09-2017, 12:26 AM