Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses
(08-23-2015, 12:51 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Laws evolve. We didn't have anti discrimination laws until well into the 20th century. The foundation of those laws come from nearly two centuries of the federal government regulating business. If you're interested in an early case that expanded upon the interstate commerce clause, check out Gibbons v Ogden.

How does one morally object to gay weddings?

I'm well aware of Gibbons v Ogden, and I actually agree with the merits of their decision. 

The difference with this sort of situation IMO is the 1st amendment. 

As for how does one morally object to gay weddings, I would say that one way would be to not provide any services for a gay wedding, but apparently that's not acceptable. 

Gays get protection under the constitution, which is fine with me.  I think they should have the same rights as everyone else.  I'm all for it. 

I think that faith-based business deserves that same right and protection under the constitution. 

My brother in law manages a pizza place.  He was telling me that they stopped delivering to a bad neighborhood after 7:30pm.  Are the people in that neighborhood being discriminated against? 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses - jakefromstatefarm - 08-23-2015, 01:05 PM