Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D. Pelfrey on local TV said Marvin did not want Ross - Mike B. & Tobin may now Plan
(12-11-2017, 10:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What surprises me is this is a “Defend Marvin Lewis” thread. So what if Tobin and Brown wanted John Ross? He was a great prospect from a talent standpoint. It’s Marvin’s and the other coaches’ responsibilities to effectively coach and use the players that are selected.
And from what we’ve seen, Marvin has intentionally refused to play Ross for “reasons” until Ross was sent to IR. I, for one, am in defense of Tobin over Marvin when it comes to Ross. Just because Ross doesn’t fit Marvin’s philosophy doesn’t make him a bad pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I completely agree with this. By all accounts John Ross was mocked to go in the top 15. Perhaps we picked him a few selections early but many respected draft experts saw his upside and thought he has potential to be a great WR.

If there is one guy I trust in the front office it's Duke Tobin. I'm not sure how much influence he has but if you look at our draft classes since he's taken over, we are considered to have one of the best in the NFL.  I just wish Mike Brown would get out of the way.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: D. Pelfrey on local TV said Marvin did not want Ross - Mike B. & Tobin may now... - CornerBlitz - 12-11-2017, 10:50 PM