Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D. Pelfrey on local TV said Marvin did not want Ross - Mike B. & Tobin may now Plan
(12-11-2017, 07:13 PM)depthchart Wrote: I saw Doug Pelfrey on a Local Cincinnati Sports Talk show Sunday Night.

He said he had inside info that Marvin did not want to take John Ross in the Draft. That Mike Brown and Duke Tobin were part of a 3 person decision making group with Marvin and they wanted Ross. Also heard a while back that Marvin was upset that we lost Whitworth and expected to be able to keep him.

Pelfrey implied that Marvin may want out as Coach due to having less influence on Drafting decisions with Tobin in the mix.

Marvin's departure may lead to a Mike Brown & Duke Tobin created Offseason Plan for the entire Coaching Staff plus Draft decisions.

Any New Coach may have to accept being the 3rd Wheel with possibly less input Power than Marvin had in the end.

Listening to Pelfrey had me worried that we may be Longing for the 5 straight Playoff appearances within a few years.

That a Mike Brown and Duke Tobin Brain Trust is solidifying and that their recent ideas involved the Drafting of Ross over whoever Marvin wanted plus allowing Whitworth to leave.

These same 2 decision makers may be about to embark on The Offseason Plan going forward, hiring all new Coaches or promoting from within and then developing the Draft Plan. The level of input from a New Coach unclear.

Got me worried...

There are VERY few teams where the head coach has the final say on player personnel.  The Bengals are not unique in this manner.  And to act like a baby when you didn't get the guy you wanted and not give him opportunities is just stupid.  Failing to prepare to lose whit was a failure in and of itself.  You should always be developing your players, especially early picks like Ogbuehi and Fisher.  Marvin is gone.  Thanks for the first half of your time here, the rest you shouldn't have been allowed to stay.  Without outstanding coaches around you, the real Marv is clearly visible and not a good coach at all.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: D. Pelfrey on local TV said Marvin did not want Ross - Mike B. & Tobin may now... - SHRacerX - 12-12-2017, 09:37 AM