Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D. Pelfrey on local TV said Marvin did not want Ross - Mike B. & Tobin may now Plan
(12-11-2017, 10:50 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I completely agree with this. By all accounts John Ross was mocked to go in the top 15. Perhaps we picked him a few selections early but many respected draft experts saw his upside and thought he has potential to be a great WR.

If there is one guy I trust in the front office it's Duke Tobin. I'm not sure how much influence he has but if you look at our draft classes since he's taken over, we are considered to have one of the best in the NFL.  I just wish Mike Brown would get out of the way.

Sure, he was great......but when your line is a shambles, you don't go after shiny trinkets if you didn't address the issue in FA.  His last few draft classes weren't that grand, either.  Ogbuehi, Fisher, Bodine, Moch, Still, Thompson, etc, etc, ring any bells?  He hit the draft with Atkins and Co., Dalton and Green, Zeitler, and last year's looks a little promising so far.  Otherwise, been a lot of whiffs lately.

Taking a burner when you don't have time to let plays downfield develop because your line is doo doo, or not taking a LB because you haven't covered a TE since the Reagan era is EXACTLY what causes things like the lost decade.  Stupid move.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: D. Pelfrey on local TV said Marvin did not want Ross - Mike B. & Tobin may now... - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-12-2017, 10:45 AM