Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Conservative Christian Right
(12-14-2017, 10:38 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: See, I listen to podcasts more than I watch television. I'll usually listen to a podcast while looking things up they are talking about while I am at home. Of course, my podcast feed is the Crooked lineup; Intelligence Matters; Left, Right & Center; Freakonomics Radio; Gov Love; PolicyCast from Harvard Kennedy School; My History Can Beat Up Your Politics; Politico's NerdCast; Brookings Cafeteria; The Politics Guys; Don't Worry About the Government; Ear Hustle. So there is a lot of in depth stuff there and I like to focus on what I am hearing. I also don't listen to all of those every episode. Some of them I have to be interested in the topic of the week. I also listen to the GAO's podcast from time to time. I am that much of a policy nerd.

I listen to wellRED podcast, The West Wing Weekly, Gastro Pod, JMU Sports Blog Podcast, and a couple of other lighter ones for my treks around campus and car rides.

I don't want to get too far off track, but you started it and it's your thread...  Smirk

MOST of the podcasts I listen too are lighthearted/true crime.  Last Podcast on the Left, Hollywood Babble On, Nerdist (if I like the guest), The Trail Went Cold, This American Life (I listened to the "S***town series).  Then I have a couple that are zombie related: Two Dead Chicks and Doctor of the Dead. I also have a guy I hired years ago in radio who used to run the PA Bigfoot Society.  He runs a show called Beyond the Edge that covers the paranormal.  Plus I HIGHLY recommend Revisionist History.  Two seasons of it so far.

But I don't watch much television as much as I sit and read on the computer.  And when I'm reading I don't want to distract from what I am listening to or vice versa.  I try to listen in the car but I have a five minute commute and if I'm in the vehicle longer than that I have other people in it and they want music!  Tongue

I did and With Friends Like These so I'll give it a shot too.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Conservative Christian Right - GMDino - 12-14-2017, 11:48 AM