Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross “healthy scratch” right? He posted this.
(12-19-2017, 12:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe I just hate John Ross (I sure don't love Marvin Lewis, so that can't be it) but I still don't see what is so damn fishy about this whole situation.  I think AJ Green has us spoiled into thinking that rookie WRs can just hit the ground running and all will be peachy keen unless something sinister is afoot.

2014 was an especially great year for WRs. Watkins, Evans, OBJ, Benjamin, Cooks, Adams, Landry, Allen Robinson, and Matthews have all had some really good seasons in the few years they've been in the league.
I think people primarily point to that year and think that if that many WRs can be drafted in the first two rounds and produce like they have, a Top 10 pick WR should be able to do the same.

But not every draft class is equal.
Look at the 2015 draft. Kevin White was 7th overall. He's only been healthy enough to play in five games, 196 yards in his three-year career. DeVante Parker was 14th overall and has put up about the same level of production as Marqise Lee has, yet Marqise Lee was a 2nd round pick the year prior.
Look at the 2016 draft. Will Fuller put up just 635 yards in 14 games as a rookie. Josh Doctson was out most of his rookie year and has looked good in spurts this year but still only has put up 404 yards in 14 games this year. Coleman only put up 413 yards last year in 10 games. Treadwell has been a disaster.
And now look at the 2017 draft. Corey Davis was 5th overall (!) and has only put up 284 yards in 9 games played. Mike Williams was drafted 7th overall (!) and has only put up 87 yards in 8 games played. All of Davis, Williams, and Ross have been plagued by injuries this year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: John Ross “healthy scratch” right? He posted this. - ochocincos - 12-19-2017, 02:13 PM