Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross “healthy scratch” right? He posted this.
(12-19-2017, 08:50 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Perhaps so on Hall.

Dennard playing more earlier in his career wouldn't do much for his deficiencies. The guy has stone hands and zero ball instincts. He's very much a catch-then-tackle CB. CBs aren't supposed to lead your team in solo-tackles. That's not a good sign.

Dennard after 4 years: 10 Pdef, 2 INT, 0 FF
Hall after 1 year: 12 Pdef, 5 INT, 1 FF
Hall after 4 years: 71 Pdef, 18 INT, 5 FF

I've said this before and I will say it again, Dennard looks like guy who would benefit putting on like 5-10lbs of muscle and playing SS. He just has zero instinct or hands at CB.

Those are interesting stats, but they don't really compare apples to apples unless they had the same amount of playing time in those years.  I would think Dennard would equal Hall's one year with his four, but he really hadn't had much of any opportunity until this year.

CB stats are also misleading in this sense:  Unless you can break down targets, you might miss the guy that is so solid in coverage that he is rarely targeted by the opposing QB.  I was surprised to see you say Hall had 5 INTs that first year, but I know they targeted the shit out of him.  

I disagree that Dennard has zero instincts or hands as well.  I haven't seen too many opportunities where he dropped easy INTs, and as I mentioned earlier if you are the opposing QB and you have Dennard or Adam Jones and Dre Kirkpatrick, you aren't looking at Dennard as much as the other two.  Dennard also played a lot more at slot corner, which is a bit of a different animal as far as INT opportunities as well.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: John Ross “healthy scratch” right? He posted this. - SHRacerX - 12-20-2017, 09:50 AM