Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
California Passes SB 277 Forcing All Children To Get Vaccinated
(05-21-2015, 01:52 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: In some instances yes.  I don't think a christ scientist should be allowed to condemn their child to death because of their myopic religion.  I also don't believe you should endanger infants because of pseudo science or religious bull crap.

And you're perfectly in your rights to feel that way, but your beliefs should not trample on other people's rights. If some religious idiot thinks that it's a sin to let their child be seen by a physician, then that's their right. If that child dies, well, that's one less religious idiot in the world, right? (I mean, if they lived, they're just going to grow up with their parents' beliefs anyways.)

Just because you don't like something is not reason enough to force governmental intrusion into other people's lives. Couch it in terms of public safety all you like, the fact is that this issue is not endemic enough to warrant the blatant removal of parent's constitutional rights.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: California Passes SB 277 Forcing All Children To Get Vaccinated - PhilHos - 05-21-2015, 12:29 PM