Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should The Players Be Asked About The Next HC?
(12-21-2017, 11:44 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Trust me Brad. I know where your coming from. With a team such as ours, which has been a disappointment over and over again and destroyed many livers, I think that direction is wrong. Good players are motivated by themselves, the team, and the bench. Good coaches reinforce those 3. Marvin is a good example of what happens when coaches try to be your friend and cheerleader. Billy B is a good example of what a disciplined coach gets out of his players. 

Not only motivation, but the players need to believe that a coach knows what he's doing.

If a player comes to work believing in the plan and believing in the guy calling the shots, then they prepare better, whether it's direct motivation or not.  

Motivation or not, if a player leaves practice inspired and comes to a game believing in a coach and inspired by him, he plays a lot better.

It also brings the players together better as a team if they're all believing in the coach and just wanting to play hard.

I think overlooking all of that is one area that Mike Brown has been wrong in.  Mike looks at this as the cheapest way to put a team on the field and play football, but he doesn't look at the finer points and realize the entire atmosphere and football life.

There's a reason some coaches consistently have players that are disciplined, do their jobs, and play hard.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should The Players Be Asked About The Next HC? - BFritz21 - 12-21-2017, 11:54 PM