Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should The Players Be Asked About The Next HC?
(12-22-2017, 12:25 PM)Benton Wrote: Just my opinion, but...

You go two ways with a coach. Either you have a championship caliber team who doesn't have the right shepherd to lead them, or you have some — but not all — pieces to a puzzle, and you need a coach who can find the parts necessary to make it work.

Neither really has input from the players, but I'd think the first option (trying to keep the roster as is and finding a coach who fits those skills) is close to taking the team's temperature. If you've got a gunslinger type offense like the Steelers or Packers used to have, you don't want a conservative coach like Marvin, Fischer, or Mularkey. Flip side, if you've got a game manager quarterback and receivers with more of a fullback running game, you don't want a head coach with an unorthodox approach like Hue.

And that's where I think Brown will go. It's what kept Marvin in a job for so long. Brown believes we've got the right roster, so I imagine he will be looking for a coach that fits it, as opposed to a coach who will come in and try to change things around a lot.

Now, I'm sad again. You make too much sense. Sad
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should The Players Be Asked About The Next HC? - Derrick - 12-23-2017, 08:15 PM