Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trumps amazing year end accomplisments
(12-27-2017, 07:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If the Nation has accomplished things that he promised to get done, then yes it is an accomplishment. Whether some view them as positives or negatives does not take away from the goal being accomplished. Likewise, trying to jump through hoops to determine who is ultimately responsible for the accomplishment does not change the fact that it was accomplished during his reign. However, sour grapes are sour.

So when constructing a list of Trump's accomplishments, it is ok if Trump gets credit for what he didn't do?

Whether some viewed Jim Crow laws as positive or negative does not take away from the fact they were "accomplished." Where does a standard like that get us?  Shouldn't we be evaluating "accomplishments" on whether they are good for the country, not simply whether they are "done"? People who oppose incompetent, shortsighted policy goals set by Republican donors just have sour grapes?

And speaking of "done," wow. Did you actually read that list of "accomplishments"? 

Some of them are indeed accomplished, like reversing Obama executive orders. Others are vague claims to "making progress," or taking credit for the Obama economy. 

He ordered a new national strategy and nuclear posture review, did he? LOL I'm sure he was working late into the night on that one! Did you count how many actually incomplete and routine-for-every president accomplishments are added to puff up the list?

Trump "traveled to the Middle East and Europe to build new relationships" and "pushed for" funding for women's entrepreneurship in Poland. LOL "pushed for"; I'm pushing for the Steelers to win another SB. Put that on my list of accomplishments this year. Major major major. Nevermind most people in the foreign policy establishment (who won't take positions in his administration) think he has diminished US power and leadership in the world.  He GOT A TRIP DONE.

One simply cannot normalize the Trump presidency without wrecking the traditional standards of competence and ethical behavior which have applied to other presidents.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trumps amazing year end accomplisments - Dill - 12-27-2017, 09:58 PM