Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Do we pass up drafting a QB in this years draft?
(12-28-2017, 02:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This logic has always been so frustrating to me. Dalton is a player, right? We've had a crap ton of players choke or outright disappear under Marvin, correct? Now why do people act like Dalton is supposed to be immune to that? To rise above it when no one else does? It makes absolutely zero sense. If the system is predictable and playoff caliber teams can stop it in the playoffs, how is that Dalton's fault? Kitna, Palmer and McCarron were all considered top flight backups or serviceable starters at the very least, and all of them played like ass in the playoffs. That's why I think it's a system/schematic/coaching issue.

Sorry, I'm not aiming this at you so much as the (popular) idea that Dalton is on the same level as Marv as far as blame goes. If we truly believe Marv is the issue, then he would be affecting Dalton's play as well.

Like I've been saying, I'm indifferent on bringing Dalton back or drafting a Baker Mayfield. I do know that this franchise has a LOT to fix if they're going to ever contend for championships...regardless of who the QB is. 

Very well said. And I agree 100%
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do we pass up drafting a QB in this years draft? - Pat5775 - 12-28-2017, 02:42 PM