Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expect Darren Simmons to be the New head Coach
(12-30-2017, 04:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Typically, his STs units are among the best in the league.  However the past two seasons have seen a pretty sharp decline in 'teams performance.  Although I likely wouldn't want him to be the new HC, I would like to hear him answer some questions in an interview or conference.  I can't ever recall hearing Simmons speak.

I attribute that more to the turnover in the bottom to middle of the roster and not having his stabilizing captain on the field for most of that time.

AJ was the only returning receiver in 2016, so we know that not one receiver on ST had prior experience on our return or coverage unit.  Brand new rookie returner, Uzomah graduated to starting TE due to Eifert and Kroft injuries changed CJ's role on the roster.  And to top it off, Peerman went out as well.

There was still considerable turnover in the roster this season as well (and a Peerman IR stint again).

If anything, I'd say Simmons did damn well for what he had to endure in losing his core guys.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Expect Darren Simmons to be the New head Coach - jfkbengals - 12-30-2017, 09:32 PM