Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expect Darren Simmons to be the New head Coach
(12-30-2017, 09:32 PM)jfkbengals Wrote:
I attribute that more to the turnover in the bottom to middle of the roster and not having his stabilizing captain on the field for most of that time.

AJ was the only returning receiver in 2016, so we know that not one receiver on ST had prior experience on our return or coverage unit.  Brand new rookie returner, Uzomah graduated to starting TE due to Eifert and Kroft injuries changed CJ's role on the roster.  And to top it off, Peerman went out as well.

There was still considerable turnover in the roster this season as well (and a Peerman IR stint again).

If anything, I'd say Simmons did damn well for what he had to endure in losing his core guys.

Well, as the STs coach, he should be used to turnover.  Now, as far as being without Peerman?  He likely should have been preparing for that day coming, as well.  Let's face it, STs units aren't composed of the best on the roster, but the bench players.  If we keep the same bench players for too many years, and their still on 'teams, then something went wrong.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Expect Darren Simmons to be the New head Coach - SunsetBengal - 12-30-2017, 09:43 PM