Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Lewis got full control would you be happy ?
(01-01-2018, 12:31 PM)samhain Wrote: I agree with some of this as far as injuries are concerned.  Not sure I agree about better corners being in front of Darqueze and WJ3.  Pacman, god love him, has been dropping off for the last 2 seasons.  Kirkpatrick has been flat out awful for most of the season.  Like difficult to believe awful.  

As to finally getting CO out of there, why should it take so long?  He played almost 2 full seasons at a pretty low to rock-bottom level and still never got pulled.  He's an absolute non-contributor in the run game.  Hell, I heard Alexander on the pregame yesterday yammering on about how he still believed in Ogbuehi, Fisher being our best OL, and the young guards only looking good b/c they were fresh and other guys were tired.  For Christ's sake, man!  On top of that, there's Hopkins who grades out as one of if not THE worst starting OG in the NFL.  If nothing else, they could have sat him for Redmond or CW.

The biggest failing of this team in 2017 wasn't losing Z or Whit (although that was a big one), drafting Ross, or even maintaining a lame-duck coach at the top of the staff.  It was an all-out failure to realize how best to utilize what they had and maximize wins with it.  They flushed a season down the toilet because they had a shit understanding of the players (and coaches in Zampese's case) that they're around every day and run a hierarchal locker room rather than a merit-based depth chart.

I totally agree about CO, but as far as I can tell we did not have a LT to replace him..... and you're right, Pac is falling off, but that does not negate the fact Jackson, while brilliant in man coverage, struggled with zone concepts here for awhile, and was making huge mistakes. That is what kept him off the field. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Lewis got full control would you be happy ? - Sled21 - 01-01-2018, 12:44 PM