Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeb Bush is part African-American
(08-25-2015, 04:20 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: My original point that led to this was the high number of blacks that are not better off under Obama. 

Someone (fred, I believe) pointed to a slight decrease in unemployment numbers, which does nothing to refute what I said.

It is one measure of them being better off as of late. In the same time frame we see the reduction in the participation rate of 0.2% we see a decrease in the unemployment rate of roughly 20.2%. So the drop in unemployment in the black community was only minimally impacted by the participation rate. Now, I don't know what the difference in the participation rate would be from when he took office to now, but the unemployment rate dropped 28.3%.

Now, his statement about this was in response to your statement that black unemployment numbers are worse. This does refute what you said.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jeb Bush is part African-American - Belsnickel - 08-25-2015, 05:03 PM