Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Open-Minded Liberals at it again
(12-29-2017, 07:30 PM)Dill Wrote: If you are talking about professional soccer, I would have to disagree. You have to be FAR faster than average,in terms of acceleration, and have good endurance, to compete. One guy who is always outrun to the ball weakens they whole team system.  

But after that, then yes, it is a game of skill and smarts. And I would say often of skills acquired very young, and of competition and coaching. Which brings me to B-Zona's comment.

Of course all soccer players are quite athletic and way above average. It's just that it's not pure athletizism that puts a certain player on top. Or said differently, it would make little to no sense to let soccer players compete in a 100 metres dash to determine who's the better player. Any slight advantage a black player might have in raw athletizism (at least when going for that) doesn't quite translate to the soccer field. Other factors are way more important.

I sure do not want to land on the wrong side of an argument and I sure don't want to have anything to do with what followed, but saing that blacks seem to have a slight advantage when it comes to trained athleticism (like seen in sprints - or the CB position - or such) to me isn't more racist or/and wrong as saying Japanese people are smaller than Swedes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
Open-Minded Liberals at it again - bfine32 - 02-02-2017, 01:49 AM
RE: Open-Minded Liberals at it again - McC - 02-02-2017, 08:04 PM
RE: Open-Minded Liberals at it again - hollodero - 01-03-2018, 09:28 PM