Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coach Jim McNally for OL Coach (Being Floated)
(01-03-2018, 06:12 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Alexanders-departure-signals-change-in-run-game/8bf651dc-520e-43e8-bf96-56a2d8d32bdb?campaign=cin:fanshare:twitter&campaign=cin:fanshare:twitter

Per Hobson on the Bengals Website

The Bengals have had only two line coaches since 1980. After one year as the Bengals tight ends coach in 1994, Alexander succeeded one of his O-line mentors in Jim McNally, the guru who coached Hall of Fame left tackle Anthony Munoz and the Super Bowl line of the late ‘80s that finished in the top five in NFL rushing five straight seasons that included No. 1 finishes in 1988-89.

McNally, 74, is a consultant for the Bengals and has been mentioned as a possible candidate. Lazor said he’s looking for a guy that has coached in the league.

74 is too old...He is the past, not the future....Plus, he told Mike Brown he didn't need top O Line picks, he would take the last round picks.  It was nonsense considering the 1980's Bengals O Line had many top draft picks...I never liked McNally in the 90's and his just give me the late round approach....You kids may think age is just a number.  I'm telling you that 74 is way too old.  ...OK, McNally looked good when he had 3 Pro Bowlers on the line in the 80's. You know who gets credit for that. Paul Brown and Forrest Gregg, 2 Hall Of Famers who knew a lot about offensive line. .....I am glad to hear the words LASOR IS LOOKING. Maybe this means Lasor was given the power to dump Alexander and others and turn this awful offense around and get it out of the stone age. We need to forget these coaches we had 100 years ago like Alexander and McNally and seek out and explore new civilizations. To go boldly in the 21st century were no Bengal has ever gone before.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coach Jim McNally for OL Coach (Being Floated) - kevin - 01-03-2018, 09:30 PM