Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coach Jim McNally for OL Coach (Being Floated)
(01-03-2018, 09:33 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Jim McNally might be someone to retain in staff as an adviser but the real offensive line coach should be someone like Willie Anderson.

I liked him as a player.  I like the idea of Lasor looking for someone who has coached in NFL.   Forrest Gregg was NFL Hall OF Fame Super Bowl lineman and had been NFL Coach of the year.  How come these other NFL teams get ex head coaches to take jobs as assistant coaches.  I see top name coaches all over the NFL who are back to being assistant coaches, and these teams win.  My first thought is Ryan or Parcells who are great on O Lines but I doubt we can get them, but I set the bar at them and go lower.  ...So who is a Super Bowl Hall of Fame O Lineman that has coached ?....I don't have a clue and neither does Mike Brown, so I'm glad to hear maybe Lasor has some say in this, but I'll believe it when I see it.   It would be smart for the front office to back off and let the top coaches bring in their people, something Bengals have never done. 

McNally, Anderson...Hey, Forrest Gregg was brought in and had never been a Bengal, and THAT was a GOOD THING....There is something to be said for bringing in Super Bowl winning Non Bengals.  People that aren't Bengalized or Bungalized.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coach Jim McNally for OL Coach (Being Floated) - kevin - 01-03-2018, 09:55 PM