Poll: What do you think John Ross' trade value is ?
1st round pick
2nd round pick
3rd round pick
4th round pick
5th round pick
6th round pick
7th round pick
combination of multiple picks &/or players - explain details in a Post
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross trade value - If Marvin has new roster Power & upset with Ross = trade ?
(01-08-2018, 11:49 AM)grampahol Wrote: We haven't exactly been overly blessed as a team with first round receivers except one that I can think of. First round players always sound perfect and for some reason unbeknownst to most of us the guys taken in the later rounds seem to do much better.. It really is a matter of math actually because as has been pointed out many many times it really doesn't matter which round players come from and really doesn't matter if they're drafted at all. Each team signs around 20? rookies every season, but fans want to focus on the first one..AS IF the rest don't matter for doodly squat.. 
It's probably a good thing that first round players aren't necessarily expected to be instant super stars every single time their first season. 
Try to imagine yourself being a first round pick then getting beat up like a drum your first season..That's a lot of pressure..I'm surprised there aren't more suicides among first round guys.. They're the top athletes at every level they've been at then suddenly become instant nobodies getting called all manner of nasty names by fans..not to mention other players..
I wouldn't volunteer to be selected in the first round..
There was actually a research paper done around position and draft round. It basically laid out that certain positions had better value in and chances of succeeding in certain rounds. It probably more so than anything highlights the flaws in the ability to develop or scout certain positions more so than anything. 

As for your comment about first rounders and pressure, the large guaranteed contracts probably help with that. Unlike mid and late round picks, most of their contract is guaranteed.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: John Ross trade value - If Marvin has new roster Power & upset with Ross = tra... - Au165 - 01-08-2018, 11:57 AM