Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals to interview current Lions DC
(01-08-2018, 06:32 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Dont know much about the guy but his rankings don't look great. 

Lions fans opinion :

Quote:Y'all won't be disappointed. We've been short of talent, sure, but we haven't had any front 7 talent developed. 

Austin is a secondary whisperer; our CB that converted to a SS (Quandre Diggs) was looking like a pro bowler towards the end of the year; y'all already know about Slay and Quin. 

Our front 7 is in the midst of a rebuild right now. All year, it consisted of: rookie but stud MLB (Jarrad Davis), solid starting OLB that has peaked and isn't good in coverage (Tahir Whitehead), and rookie 4th-round pick OLB (Reeves-Maybin); an injured Ziggy Ansah, Haloti Ngata for only a few games, a bargain-bin backup DT forced into the DT1 role (Akeem Spence), and a rotating door of backups on the ends (Anthony Zettel, Cornelius Washington, UDFAs). 

Paired with some talent in the front 7, he can take a defense far. The 2014 Lions, which featured Suh, a healthy Ansah, Nick Fairley, Devin Taylor,/George Johnson on the DL, DeAndre Levy (Pro Bowl year OLB), Stephen Tulloch (solid starting MLB), and Tahir Whitehead (solid starting OLB as mentioned above), and a secondary complete with a year-2 Darius Slay, pro-bowler Glover Quin, Rashean Mathis, and James Ihedigbo...

I live in Michigan and the Wife is a Lions fan, so I see plenty of Lions. Ziggy had 12 sacks this year and Davis and Whitehead are studs. Darius Slay (pro bowl), Glover Quinn and DJ Hayden make an excellent secondary. I don't know if "lack of talent" is a valid enough excuse to fully excuse a 27th ranking.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals to interview current Lions DC - Shake n Blake - 01-08-2018, 02:09 PM