Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teryl Austin might go to the Raiders as DB coach
(01-08-2018, 02:02 PM)McC Wrote: That's a pretty ugly tenure, if you ask me.  So he's Marvin with a sense of humor.  I'd say even Marv would have won a SB with that defense.   And it truly galls me to say anything good about Marv, believe me.

I ain't riding the Oakland hype train.  A stupid, desperate owner going for  splash move to sell tickets.  And they are FAR from the Greatest Show On Turf.  Years away from even being close.

Yeah, IDK if "ugly" is the word when there's 4 winning seasons and a championship. Please gimme some of that ugly.

Not to mention the 2 winning seasons in Oakland (and being considered SB contenders in both of those seasons).

(01-08-2018, 02:08 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: The Raiders are the proof you can spend big and fall on your face over and over and over again....

When have the Raiders "spent big" and failed? There has been plenty of failure, but not because they spent. They now have a QB and it looks like they have a good coaching staff. They will back that with money. 

(01-08-2018, 02:11 PM)Wyche Wrote: IIRC, it seems the Bucs pretty much gutted that roster after the SB, a la the Marlins after their WS win.  I am just going off memory though.

I'd take Gruden over Merv every day of the week and 22 times on Sunday.

Yes sir. I envy their current situation, tbh.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Teryl Austin might go to the Raiders as DB coach - Shake n Blake - 01-08-2018, 02:19 PM