Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New OL coach Pollack looking for guys with a nasty streak
(01-24-2018, 05:08 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I remember when they drafted Bodine, one of the things they talked about was how he was a nasty streaked strong center built for the AFCN. Somewhere along the line, PA ruined him. Maybe Pollack can salvage him, if he can so be it, if not then time to cut bait and move on. If he's looking for mean streaks, CO is unsalvageable.....

Yep. Going back to some old scouting reports, a mean streak was a consistent theme across.
What I worry is what happens if Bodine is brought back? Would that mean the Bengals roll with either TJ Johnson or Bodine as the only C options? Does this prevent them from taking a C early in the draft? If they do take a C early in the draft, would the team be willing to part with Bodine or TJ Johnson if the rookie upstages either of them?

That's a lot of risk and I think it would cause (keep) a lot of fans to take the wait-and-see approach before embracing the Bengals again because it would look like they continue to stick with underperforming vets and nothing changes.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: New OL coach Pollack looking for guys with a nasty streak - ochocincos - 01-24-2018, 05:15 PM