Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Do you think Ross gets a 2nd life?
(01-25-2018, 12:57 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Interesting comment, considering it was very well known that he is an excellent route runner prior to the draft.

I'm holding out hope that they were strengthening his shoulder to get him ready for hits in the NFL and not Marvin reacting to the draft pick he didn't want.

To me, GM's should take coach input into consideration during FA/Draft, but they should always be upgrading positions as they can and see fit. Coaches responsibility is to take what your given and make due. Honestly, coaches shouldn't be scouts in the sense that we use them as scouts, they should take what the scouts find and either agree/disagree/offer opinions. That's not to say that they can't watch college games and send research requests to the scouts if they see someone that they think is being over looked. Basically, Scouts need to Scout and Coaches need to Coach, each side needs to be able to trust the other.

Yeah, it is like we were all talking about a different player last year. I don't believe Ross just went from being an excellent
route runner to a poor one and i still remember fluff pieces from Hobspin speaking of how impressed coaches and players
were with his route running and quick cuts in practice. WJ3 was the only CB who could stay with him and look at what he
is becoming.

Hoping you are right and it was just trying to get that shoulder ready for NFL hits. Now he has an entire Offseason to get
it ready.

Also agree on your thoughts on the Scouts and Coaches.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you think Ross gets a 2nd life? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-25-2018, 03:14 PM