Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virginia News Reporter Shot Live
(08-27-2015, 04:45 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: I keep hearing Obama speak about "common sense gun control laws".  

What are these common sense gun laws?

Off the top of my head I would say the following would qualify:

If you are a crazy person you can't buy a gun.
If you are a convicted felon or have convictions for domestic violence you can't buy a gun.
(Both easily doable via background checks.)
Nobody can buy a gun on demand. You go to the gun shop, decide what you want, order it and make a deposit and in 7-10 days you can pick it up (assuming the background check is clean.)
You can't buy surface to air missiles, grenade launchers, machine guns, assault rifles, magazines over 15 rounds, anti-tank guns, the gun that dude in American Sniper used, or armor piercing rounds.

In others words, "death to America," is probably what you are thinking. But these simple rules limit fire power to a reasonable level, provide a cooling off period for someone with an urge to kill right now and no gun, and keep violent and mentally ill persons from purchasing (more) guns.

And all the Yosemite Sams of the world can still fire their rootin' tootin' six shooters and holler yippee and make sure everybody knows what big gun totin' hombres they are! Yee ha! Boom boom boom boom!
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Virginia News Reporter Shot Live - xxlt - 08-27-2015, 05:02 PM